“I can’t do anything, if you won’t let me.”
This was spoken on tonight’s episode of American Crime.
UGhhhhhh I can pull people who aren’t even born yet hair out.
Listen, I don’t know about you but that statement….”I can’t do anything, if you won’t let me.”
*Exhale* been there, and done that. And it revisits sporadically.
Helplessness is a truly f*cked up feeling.
There is no way to properly describe how you feel when:
- As a parent, you realize you can’t protect your kids no matter how hard you try.
- As an individual, you can’t fully protect yourself.
- As a healer, you can’t cure another’s pain, or ailment.
- As a lover, your love is unaccepted, or returned. Love flatlined.
- As you realize, some moments are final!
- As a friend, yet you can’t truly be the support that they need.
There are soooo many more ways that it is expressed to us.
Sometimes you just don’t know what you are battling within self, and others.
Overall, the feeling of helplessness, and rejection is life a asthmatic mouse trying to bench press an elephant. You somehow forget How To Breathe!
This is a battle no matter what end of the spectrum you are on.
We have to learn how to let people help us.
We have to learn how to help others.
There is nothing more apparent than to know that living this life is an INDIVIDUAL experience.
But we don’t have to endure the experiences alone.
We are alone yet supported.
Let that marinate.
I just needed to express that!